The Join Our Journey (JOJ) Recovery Housing is a safe & welcoming environment. These transitional houses are home to individuals in recovery from substance use challenges. Recovery Is Happening is the advocacy agency for this wonderful model, and assists in opening new houses, educating the public on addiction, providing mediation within the houses, as well as other peer to peer based services.
- We are always in need of items for the houses. Here is a list of items that are needed; Paper products, storage bins (any size), Dish soap, trash bags, and hand sanitizer. You can drop items off at Recovery Is Happening during business hours. If you have items that need to be picked up please contact: email@example.com
Join Our Journey housing offers a supportive way of living and opportunities to learn skills in a clean and sober environment.
- Residents receive 24-hour support from peers in recovery
- Learn alcohol and drug-free living skills
- Share responsibility for maintaining the house
- Vote on all issues affecting the house
- Elect house officers who have responsibility to guide and manage the house
- Receive guidelines and the training to successfully manage a house
- Everyone must be willing to accept house rules.
- Everyone must be able to pay his/her share of the house expenses, which includes holding a job and/or doing service work, such as education or community service.
- Everyone must have the desire to work on his/her recovery.