People don’t recover in treatment. They recover in their communities. Peer Recovery Specialist can be key in helping to sustain recovery for individuals and for their family members.
Developing well-trained professional Peer Recovery Specialist with expertise in addiction recovery.
Peer Recovery Specialist Academy 2018-2019
RIH operates a training and certification program for Peer Recovery Specialists that is recognized by Minnesota Certification Board and the Department on Human Services.
October 15th – 19th, 2018
December 10th – 14th, 2018
February 25th – March 1st, 2019
April 6th – 10th, 2019
Click on the links below for Peer Recovery Specialist Academy Pre-Training Assignments:
- Pre-Training Assignments’ List
- Assessing Your Heritage Tool
- Getting to Know You Tools
- Relapse is Not Part of Recovery
- Understanding Alcoholism Scale
- Recovery Coach Core Skills Self-Assessment
- Recovery Capital Scale and Plan
- The Recovery Community Organization
- What Are Peer Recovery Support Services?
- Peer Recovery Support: It Works!
- RIH Volunteer Handbook
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (612) 584-4158.